Sicilian Potato Pizza
- 1 lb. Potatoes
- 3-1/2 cups Flour
- 4 oz fresh brewer’s yeast
- 8 oz. Salami
- i oz. Primosale Cheese
- 1/2 cup dry Breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 475F.
- Boil the potatoes in salted water, peel and put through a potato ricer. Heap the purree on a pastry board with the flour and add the yeast dissolved in warm water.
- Knead well, adding warm water, if necessary, to obtain smooth mixture.
- Dust with floor, wrap the dough up in a napkin, cover with a woolen cloth and leave to prove for two hours.
- Oil a baking tin or dish and line the bottom with half the dough, pressing it down with your fingers. On top, arrange one layer of sliced salami and one with most of the primosale cheese slices.
- Cover with the other half of the dough and a few more slices of cheese. Sprinkle some dry breadcrumbs over the top and bake in a hot oven for 20 minutes.