500 g / 1 lb Bucatini (pasta straws)1kg / 2 lbs cauliflower
100 g / 4 oz / 1 cup caciocavallo, pecorino or parmesan cheese
25 g / 1 oz / 4 tbsp pine-nuts
50 g / 2 oz / 1/3 cup raisins
4-5 anchovy fillets
1/4 tsp saffron
1 large onion
salt and pepper
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- Discard the central core of the cauliflower and boil the vegetable in salted water. Drain while still firm, reserving the cooking water.
- Put the anchovies, olive oil and chopped onion in a large frying pan and saute gently, crushing the anchovies with a wooden spoon. Add the raisins, pine-nuts and the boiled cauliflower florets. Cook for about 10 minutes, mashing the cauliflower to blend in the flavors.
- In the cauliflower cooking water, boil the pasta until “al dente.” Just before turning off the heat, dissolve the saffron in the water.
- Remove the pasta from the saucepan with the aid of a long-handled fork and place in the saucepan with the cauliflower. Dress with the grated cheese. Mix well and serve.
- Mix the pasta with half the cauliflower and arrange in an oiled baking dish.
- Add the rest of the sauce, sprinkle all the grated cheese on top and trickle a stream of olive oil over. Bake in a hot over for 15 minutes until a golden crust has formed.
Recipe courtesy of member Mary LaFuente